Hillary Clinton to headline U.Va. women’s leadership conference

Tickets available by lottery to students, faculty, staff

<p>Hillary Clinton will be delivering the closing remarks — titled “Women and 21st Century Democracy: The Path Forward — Nov. 14 at 2:30 p.m. in Old Cabell Hall auditorium.&nbsp;</p>

Hillary Clinton will be delivering the closing remarks — titled “Women and 21st Century Democracy: The Path Forward — Nov. 14 at 2:30 p.m. in Old Cabell Hall auditorium. 

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will be the headlining speaker for the Women’s Global Leadership Forum, which will be held at the University Nov. 13-14.

Clinton will be delivering the closing remarks — titled “Women and 21st Century Democracy: The Path Forward — Nov. 14 at 2:30 p.m. in Old Cabell Hall auditorium. Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D) will introduce Clinton.

Tickets for the event will be available through a lottery to University students, faculty and staff beginning Oct. 26. The Newcomb Hall theater will also host a remote viewing location.

In addition to being the Democratic Party’s 2016 presidential candidate, Clinton has also served as First Lady and as a U.S. Senator. 

The symposium is a part of the University's bicentennial celebration and will focus on the role of women in 21st century democracy. Other speakers include Virginia First Lady Dorothy McAuliffe, Dr. Vivian Pinn, a 1967 graduate of the Medical School who recently had a building on Grounds renamed for her and U.S. Sen. Shelley Moore Capito (R-W.Va.), a 1976 graduate of the Curry School. 

The forum will also feature a reception celebrating the leadership of University President Teresa Sullivan, who became the first female president of the University in 2010.