Pizza is always the move at Brixx

The perfect stop to relax and enjoy a delicious pizza and dessert

<p>Located in the Barracks Road Shopping Center, Brixx is convenient for any University student looking for a relatively inexpensive sit-down pizza experience.</p>

Located in the Barracks Road Shopping Center, Brixx is convenient for any University student looking for a relatively inexpensive sit-down pizza experience.

Nothing quite hits the spot like a cheesy slice of brick oven pizza, and Brixx Wood Fired Pizza offers an ample selection of delicious pizza to curb any Italian craving.

Located in the Barracks Road Shopping Center, Brixx is convenient for any University student looking for a relatively inexpensive sit-down pizza experience. The menu offers not only pizza, but also pastas, sandwiches and salads. Appealing options were not in short supply, and making a decision was a challenge.

The atmosphere of the restaurant was open and warm, offering a view of the oven where all of the pizzas are cooked. The many windows enhanced the airy feel. There was also outside seating available for when the weather gets warmer.

The wait staff was excellent — they brought everything on time and were always happy to answer any questions regarding items on the menu. I ordered the fresh-squeezed lemonade to pair with my pizza and it was refreshingly sweet with just the right amount of a tart lemon taste.

I decided to try the Americo pizza from Brixx’s wide variety of options. It was topped with red sauce, mozzarella and pepperoni. The pizza was cooked to perfection. There was just enough melted mozzarella and pepperoni to get a flavorful bite each time. The crust was crispy but not too thick, adding a little crunch, and the brick oven gave it a nice, golden brown color. The sauce was well-seasoned and enhanced the flavors of both the cheese and pepperoni.

Dessert was next. Although I was extremely full from eating almost the entire main course, I could not pass up the opportunity to order the S’mores Pizza. It tasted even more delicious than it sounds. The dessert consisted of a thin layer of dough topped with graham crackers, chocolate and roasted mini marshmallows. The marshmallows were perfectly toasted and gooey on top, with a generous layer of melted chocolate underneath. The crunchy graham crackers completed the modern twist of this classic dessert, forming a sort of nacho/pizza combination that I could not resist.

Brixx Wood Fired Pizza was a hit. The pizza did not disappoint and the amazing dessert topped off an already delicious meal. Brixx will definitely be at the top of my list of restaurants to visit the next time I am in the mood for pizza.