Man arrested Thursday for robbery, sexual assault

The victim reported she was attacked near 14th St. NW and Grady Ave.

Jowell Travis Legendre, 29, was arrested Thursday for the reported robbery and sexual assault.

A Louisa County man was arrested late Thursday afternoon after a female University student reported a robbery and sexual assault the night before, according to releases from the Charlottesville Police Department. 

The victim told the University Police Department a man she did not know struck her in the face, sexually assaulted her and stole her wallet and other items around 9:33 p.m. Wednesday.

CPD identified the suspected perpetrator as Jowell Travis Legendre, a 29-year-old Louisa County resident, and charged him with object sexual penetration, forcible sodomy, robbery, grand larceny and credit card larceny. Legendre was arrested in Fluvanna County.

Police says the incident occurred the intersection of 14th Street and Grady Avenue — an area with many off-Grounds student rentals. Charlottesville police said the investigation is ongoing.