Robbery reported to Charlottesville Police early Friday morning

Two individuals stole victim’s purse at 7-11 convenience store, fled toward Emmet Street

<p>The suspects stole the victim's purse at 2025 Ivy Road, before fleeing eastward toward Emmet Street.</p>

The suspects stole the victim's purse at 2025 Ivy Road, before fleeing eastward toward Emmet Street.

Charlottesville Police responded to a robbery at 4:26 a.m. Friday morning in which two suspects stole a female victim’s purse and fled by car, according to a community alert sent Friday by Timothy Longo, vice president for security and safety and chief of the University Police Department.

According to the report, five minutes before a dispatch call was made to Charlottesville Police a victim was approached by a female suspect in a 7-11 convenience store parking lot located at 2025 Ivy Road. After briefly interacting with the victim, the suspect grabbed the victim’s purse and got into a silver van — which the victim reported the female suspect also emerged from — driven by a male suspect who then drove toward Emmet Street. 

The victim described the male suspect as heavy set with dreadlocks and the female suspect as heavy set, around 30 years of age, five feet and two inches tall and wearing a gray jacket at the time of the incident.

“Community alerts” are shared with the University community when there is sufficient and timely information that can be released to the community without compromising any on-going investigations. “Timely warnings” are sent when a threat poses an “on-going threat” to the safety of the community.

The general public may opt-in to receive emergency alerts — urgent warnings of an imminent threat on Grounds — by texting “UVA” to 226787.

Anyone with information related to this incident, the suspect or the described vehicle should contact the Charlottesville Police at 434-970-3280 or call 911.