Man reported to have exposed himself to two different young women near Virginia Avenue

A male subject in a dark colored vehicle, possibly a black Mercedes, approached two women

<p>The incidents were reported near Virginia Ave and 13th and John St.</p>

The incidents were reported near Virginia Ave and 13th and John St.

The Charlottesville Police Department is investigating two separate reports of indecent exposure that occurred this weekend in the area of 13th and 14th Streets NW and Virginia Avenue, per a community alert sent Sunday afternoon by Timothy Longo, chief of the University Police Department and vice president for safety and security.

According to the alert, a male subject in a dark colored vehicle, possibly a black Mercedes, approached two women walking near 13th and 14th Streets NW and Virginia Avenue — the first incident occurred at approximately 10 a.m. on Saturday morning near 13th and John St. and the second at approximately 9 a.m. Sunday morning near Virginia Avenue. 

The victims described the man as a Black male between 20 and 40 years in age. The investigation is still ongoing and anyone with information regarding the incidents can call the Charlottesville Police Department at 434-970-3280.

“Community alerts” are shared with the University community when there is sufficient and timely information that can be released to the community without compromising any ongoing investigations. “Timely warnings” are sent when a threat poses an “on-going threat” to the safety of the community.

The general public may opt-in to receive emergency alerts by texting “UVA” to 226787.

Anyone with information regarding to this matter should notify the Charlottesville Police Department at 434-970-3280.