Charlottesville Police Department records no arrests at Wertland Street Block Party

However, the Charlottesville Police Department recorded four student arrests Aug. 19 and 20

<p>Neither the University Police Department nor the Charlottesville Police Department made any arrests at the annual Wertland Street Block Party.&nbsp;</p>

Neither the University Police Department nor the Charlottesville Police Department made any arrests at the annual Wertland Street Block Party. 

However, the Charlottesville Police Department reported the arrests of four students in its Daily Arrest Log Aug. 19 and 20 that did not occur in the direct vicinity of the party.

Two students were arrested on account of possession of open alcohol containers, while one student was arrested for false identification to a law enforcement officer. One student was arrested on accounts of both.

While none of these arrests were made specifically on Wertland St. — instead being made on Madison Ln. — the arrests coincided with the date of Block Party.