Dave Matthews Band to host free 'Concert for Charlottesville'

Other guests include Justin Timberlake, Ariana Grande, Pharrell

<p>The concert will feature the Dave Matthews Band and numerous other artists.&nbsp;</p>

The concert will feature the Dave Matthews Band and numerous other artists. 

The Dave Matthews Band announced Wednesday morning they will be hosting “A Concert for Charlottesville” as a response to the events that occurred on Aug. 11 and 12. Tickets are free for members of the Charlottesville and University communities.

The concert will be held on Sept. 24 at Scott Stadium, and doors will open at 3:30 p.m.

According to a post on their Facebook page, the band wanted to provide “an evening of music and unity” for the members of their hometown. 

Other artists performing include Justin Timberlake, Ariana Grande, Pharrell Williams, Chris Stapleton, The Roots, Cage the Elephant and Brittany Howard from Alabama Shakes. The event poster also referenced other unnamed “Special Guests.”

Tickets will first be allocated to the residents of Charlottesville and the neighboring counties, as well as to University students, faculty and staff. Requests will then be filled for Virginia residents and the general public. 

Up to two tickets per person can be requested online until Sept. 11 at noon. Those who request tickets will be notified by Sept. 12 if the request was granted. 

A limited number of tickets will also be available at the John Paul Jones Arena box office Sept. 15 at 10 a.m.

Although the tickets are free, those who attend the concert are encouraged to donate to the “Concert for Charlottesville Fund,” which will help support the victims of the events of Aug. 11 and 12 and their families, as well as first responders and organizations dedicated to promoting healing, unity and justice.

A $7.50 per ticket handling fee will be charged to those who receive tickets. 

This article has been updated.