Hillary Clinton to headline U.Va. women’s leadership conference

Tickets available by lottery to students, faculty, staff

ns-HillaryClinton-CourtesyWikimediaCommons

Hillary Clinton will be delivering the closing remarks — titled “Women and 21st Century Democracy: The Path Forward — Nov. 14 at 2:30 p.m. in Old Cabell Hall auditorium. 

Courtesy Wikimedia Commons

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will be the headlining speaker for the Women’s Global Leadership Forum, which will be held at the University Nov. 13-14.

Clinton will be delivering the closing remarks — titled “Women and 21st Century Democracy: The Path Forward — Nov. 14 at 2:30 p.m. in Old Cabell Hall auditorium. Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D) will introduce Clinton.

Tickets for the event will be available through a lottery to University students, faculty and staff beginning Oct. 26. The Newcomb Hall theater will also host a remote viewing location.

In addition to being the Democratic Party’s 2016 presidential candidate, Clinton has also served as First Lady and as a U.S. Senator. 

The symposium is a part of the University's bicentennial celebration and will focus on the role of women in 21st century democracy. Other speakers include Virginia First Lady Dorothy McAuliffe, Dr. Vivian Pinn, a 1967 graduate of the Medical School who recently had a building on Grounds renamed for her and U.S. Sen. Shelley Moore Capito (R-W.Va.), a 1976 graduate of the Curry School. 

The forum will also feature a reception celebrating the leadership of University President Teresa Sullivan, who became the first female president of the University in 2010.

related stories