Men's swim squad scores upset over No. 7 Tennessee

The Virginia men's swimming and diving team began their competitive season on a high note, winning eight of 13 events to upset No. 7 Tennessee, 138-103, Saturday in the Aquatic and Fitness Center.

The Cavaliers' victory was led by third year Jamie Grimes, who won the 500- and 1,000-freestyle races.

Austin Ramirez, Guy Yimsomruay, Doak Finch, Troy Johnson and Ed Moses also won individual events, while Moses, Finch, Johnson and Chris Mousetis took the 400-medley relay.

Deacons dominate field hockey

The Virginia field hockey team continued to struggle, falling victim to an 8-1 rout by Wake Forest Saturday in Winston-Salem.

The No. 6 Deacons (14-2, 2-2 ACC) were led by a three-headed attack, as Jemima Cameron, Maria Whitehead and Jennie Shelton each scored two goals.

Meanwhile, the Cavaliers (11-5, 0-3) have dropped three of their last four games. Katie Socum tallied the Cavs' lone score of the day, off an assist by Meredith Elwell.

Tyson-Norris ends in no-contest

Mike Tyson's boxing career took another bizarre turn Saturday night, as his comeback match with Orlin Norris was ruled a no-contest when Norris could not continue because of a sprained knee.

Tyson delivered a punch after the bell for the first round that sent Norris sprawling. Apparently, Norris injured his knee as he fell.

The fight will be reviewed by the Nevada State Athletic Commission today. Tyson's $8.7 million purse is being held by the Commission pending review.

Cowboys clobber Redskins

After suffering a concussion earlier in the game, Dallas cornerback Deion Sanders came back and returned a punt 70 yards for a touchdown to seal the Cowboys' 38-20 win over the Washington Redskins yesterday.

In other afternoon scores, St. Louis remained unbeaten with a 34-3 drubbing of Cleveland, and Minnesota hammered San Francisco 40-16, marking the first time the 49ers have lost three straight since 1980.