Police arrest members of Cavalier football team at SAB dance party

The list of arrests affecting the Virginia football team grew still larger over the weekend.

Sophomore safety Corey Mosley — the starting safety for much of last season — and freshman safety Ausar Walcott were arrested at 1 a.m. Sunday at a dance party held at the Student Activities Building, according to police reports.

Mosley was charged with disorderly conduct after he became combative at the party and was noncompliant with event staff and police, according to the report. Walcott was then charged with obstruction of justice after he attempted to interfere with police as they attempted to take Mosley into custody, the report states. Mosley and Walcott will appear Feb. 27 in Albemarle District Court at 9 a.m.
Mosley and Walcott join seven current and former Virginia football players in the past year who faced or who are facing charges while members of the team. The list of the other players, their charges and the ensuing consequences include: cornerback Mike Brown, charged with one count each of grand larceny, possession of stolen property with intent to sell, altering serial numbers and possession of marijuana — kicked off the team; linebacker J’Courtney Williams, credit card theft — kicked off the team; quarterback Peter Lalich, unlawful alcoholic purchase and possession — kicked off the team; offensive lineman Dave Roberts, pled guilty to possession of a fake ID — remains on the team.

—compiled by Paul Montana