Police confirm T-shirt belongs to murdered Va. Tech student

Now nearly six months after Morgan Dana Harrington's disappearance, Virginia State Police have reported that a Charlottesville resident found the black T-shirt Harrington was last seen wearing near the corner of 15th Street and Grady Avenue Nov. 11, 2009, 25 days after the Virginia Tech student was reported missing.

"Forensic testing has recently confirmed [the T-shirt] as belonging to the 20-year-old Roanoke woman," according to a Virginia State Police press release issued yesterday.

The black T-shirt had the words "Pantera" written across it in tan letters.

Harrington disappeared the night of Oct. 17 at a Metallica concert at John Paul Jones Arena. Police officials reported pursuing more than 1,000 leads and interviewing more than 100 individuals thus far during the investigation.

The press release made no mention of any suspects or arrests.

"Factual details are more helpful and important to investigators than theoretical abstracts. It's going to take that one courageous phone call ... That will be the key to linking together the evidence and data collected to date," Lt. Joe Rader stated in the press release.

Authorities are offering a $150,041 award to "anyone with information that leads to a resolution of this crime."

Those with information should call Jefferson Area Crime Stoppers at (434) 977-4000.

-compiled by Virginia Terwilliger