Love Connection: Brian and Gina

Maybe we should have set her up with the waiter?

Brian:

Second-year Pre-Comm/Econometrics

What are you involved in at U.Va.?\nPacific American Leadership Training Institute (Facilitator), SEED (Secretary), Cavs and Panthers peer mentoring.

\nWhat else do you like to do? Hobbies? \nI am an avid gym-goer, but slack a ton whenever exams pile up. I love playing tennis and pick-up games of basically any sport. I enjoy running and spending quality time with my friends and roommates. I like to be handy and fix things, and cleaning helps me release stress.

\nDescribe your ideal date. Ethnicity, height, hair color? Personality, sense of humor? \nMy ideal date would be a female of any ethnicity that likes to laugh and have a good time. I would hope to find someone who wouldn't mind jumping right into a deep discussion of something current and would have a real passion for her opinion.

\nWhat would you do? \nMy ideal date is a tandem bike ride along some old deserted railroad line that borders the bay. The sun shines and it's just a bit windy as birds chirp and bells ring as we pedal along a yellow dirt path.

If you could date any celebrity, who would it be and why?

ScarJo. Hands down. He's just not that into you. But I am just that into her.

What's a typical weekend like for you? \nMy friends and I normally decide to go out one or two nights a week, depending on how busy we are. Sometimes its alcohol-free with board games and a movie, but most of the time it's meeting up with friends at frats.

What are your favorite TV shows? \n30 Rock, Dexter, Entourage, Gossip Girl (on the dl) and The Walking Dead.

\nWhat are your favorite movies? Who are your favorite actors? \nLove Actually, Bourne Series, Narnia series, Inception, Matt Damon, ScarJo.

\nDescribe the best five minutes of your life. \nWe were standing on the roof of a hostel in Taiwan, waiting for the sunrise. All the friends we had made the past four weeks were together laughing, yelling, smiling. Every night for the past week we had stayed up trying to squeeze every bit of fun out of our time together. I look out and the sun peaks out over the mountains and the light floods the valley that is Taipei, and we all are breathless.

What makes you a good catch?\nI think I can be a bit gullible and silly at times, but I am very genuine and really try and find a connection with everyone I meet. I think I'm a good listener, but I don't mind talking either. I'm definitely introverted at first, but I find my comfort zone pretty quickly and can be really fun to be around.

What would you want your date to have in common with you?\nI think a similar sense of humor would be great and an interest in current events and sports would be awesome. GO RAVENS!

What would your theme song be? Why?\nTotally Cake's "Going the Distance." Because I can't sing too well anymore and it's more of a yell or chant. Plus I like to imagine that I can go the distance.

What are the deal breakers?\nSmoking isn't particularly cool.

If there's one thing you could change about yourself, what would it be? Why? \nI do wish I could grow a few more inches, because my ups are pretty weak and I'd like to be able to dunk on my elementary school's hoops one day.

What do you want to do when you graduate? \nI'd like to become a financial analyst or sports statistician.

What's your favorite part about U.Va.? Least favorite? \nMy favorite part is walking behind the Rotunda during fall when it's just a bit windy and the leaves are flying around. Least favorite is during exams in the dorms because quiet hours are oppressive.

Describe yourself in one sentence.\nBrian Lee is simply complex.

Gina:

What are you involved in at U.Va.?\nI play on the women's ultimate frisbee team. I also work at the art museum and am a member of [Feminism Is For Everyone].

Ultimate frisbee is my main hobby, but I also try to make time for music and singing when I can.

Describe your ideal date. Ethnicity, height, hair color? Personality, sense of humor? \nAverage height-to-tall, fun personality, great sense of humor, open minded, doesn't take himself too seriously.

What's your ideal date location? \nI'm mostly a fan of indoor dates. Dinner and a movie or a concert are great. But I could also be convinced to go apple picking.

If you could date any celebrity, who would it be and why? \nSidney Crosby. He may have robbed the United States of a gold medal, but he seems like a truly good person who is dedicated to what he loves.

What is a typical weekend like for you? \nI party in moderation. Quiet evenings at home with friends are just as fun. My weekends also tend to include various sporting events.

What are your favorite movies?

Remember the Titans," "The Princess Bride" and "Up!"

Describe the best five minutes of your life.

That time I played frisbee on an Italian beach with six of my closest friends while everyone back home was in class. What could be better?

What makes you a good catch? \nI'm a fun and friendly person who loves to make people laugh. I'm also loyal and dependable.

What would you want your date to have in common with you? \nI'd like my date to be optimistic, easy-going and open-minded. Differences in religion and hobbies would be refreshing.

What would your theme song be? Why?\n"Whip My Hair" by Willow Smith. Yes, the song gets annoying quickly, but that message is more important. It talks about living your life the way you want to despite what people may say.

What are the deal breakers?

Smoking and talking too much about oneself.

If there's one thing you could change about yourself, what would it be? Why?\nI'm a little too practical sometimes. I need to let myself do things just for the fun of it more often.

What do you want to do when you graduate? \nI want to get a job. That's pretty much all I can hope for right now ...

What's your favorite part about the University? Least favorite? \nI love that we all work hard but play hard as well. It's the best of both worlds. I hate how competitive things can be sometimes.

If you could time travel to any period, when would it be and why? \nI would love to travel to the future! Who wouldn't want to see what great things are just on the horizon?\nDescribe yourself in one sentence.

I am a fun-loving individual who likes to try new things.

Gina: Before the date started, I was thinking it was just going to be very chill and it was just going to be a fun experience to meet someone new. I wasn't expecting anything out of it. I didn't mention it to my family, but I told a bunch of my friends and now they all want to do LC too, which is funny, so you might get some more responses in the future.

Brian: Beforehand, I was just thinking how I did not want to do this and I had no idea why I signed up for it. Not wanting to do it was me being nervous, I guess. I told my roommates about it ... They remembered when I submitted it and they thought it was hilarious that I got picked. They were just laughing the whole time. I didn't tell anyone else.

Gina: We met in front of Bodo's on theCorner and decided to go to Caf