UCS: help wanted

University Career Services should direct more resources to assisting liberal arts majors

I have finally reached that dreaded point in my life; I am now a second semester fourth-year student, and it's time for me to find a job. With majors in French and Foreign Affairs, I knew this would be quite the chore. Luckily, I have University Career Services on my side. UCS does quite a bit to help students find jobs and internships, including CAVLink, which has new job postings every day, and UCS advisors who are available for resume and cover letter critique and career counseling services. UCS also organizes job fairs, such as the annual Spring Internship and Job Fair, and helps organize transportation to other career fairs, notably the Government and Non-Profit Career Expo at Georgetown University.

UCS is an invaluable resource throughout a student's stint at the University. UCS offers major counseling to help students find which majors suit them best and advice on career paths to take after completing these majors. There are also internships and externships posted on CAVLink for students looking for both summer employment and employment opportunities during the academic year. Career Services provides tools for how to write r