Letter from the editor

As tableau says goodbye to the 121st term of The Cavalier Daily, we have more than just a few memories to be nostalgic about. The past year saw the exponential growth of our section, both in terms of number of writers as well as quality of content. We expanded the focus of tableau to include interviews with national figures ranging from country singer Miranda Lambert to alternative rock group The Flaming Lips; Glee cast member Heather Morris to How I Met Your Mother star Josh Radnor. Alas, all good things have to come to an end, and we've said our farewells to Senior Editor Dave Taggart, who radically changed the face of tableau, and to our wonderful associate editors, Rob Molster, Sara Wakefield and Alex Cutler. Fortunately for us, however, we're confident that the good things of last term will only be replaced by greater ones. We kick off the first issue of the 122nd term with an interview with Gossip Girl star Leighton Meester, and we have exciting features and interviews planned for the weeks to come.

This term, we want to reorganize the section and implement a new and improved Letter from the Editor section that will be more fluid, graphically appealing and easier to access and read. Because we recognize that the world of art and entertainment is constantly changing - breaking news becomes old news in a matter of days - we hope this year to expand our online content and integrate unexplored forms of media such as blogging. We want to be able to respond more quickly to the latest news, both nationally and within Charlottesville.

All in all, we look back to the past with appreciation for our staff writers who made such wonderful things happen during the 121st term, just as we look optimistically to the future for bigger and better things to come. We hope that you'll keep with us as we make changes and test drive new ideas. Here's to 122.