Seven Cavs notch wins at Terrapin Invitational

Members of the Virginia swim and dive teams traveled to College Park, Md. this past weekend to compete in the two-day Terrapin Invitational tournament. The meet was composed of various individual events and relays, and a team score was not tabulated at the conclusion of the tournament.

Seven Cavaliers recorded victories in their individuals events Saturday.

Junior Tommy Inwood led a 1-2-3 sweep in the 200 freestyle with his time of 1:40.02. Inwood was followed by freshmen Fred Crawford who touched the wall at 1:40.61 and Jonathan Buerger, who finished third at 1:40.92. Sophomore Nick Montes de Oca and junior David Wren, meanwhile, triumphed in the 200 breaststoke and the 100 backstroke, respectively.

The Virginia men closed out the meet with a win in the final event, the 400 freestyle relay. The team of Buerger, senior Zach Kohl, freshman Cody Brunette and Wren was victorious with a time of 3:03.13.

Sophomore Anais Menguy set the tone for the women's squad with a first-place finish in the 100 butterfly. Freshman Hillary Petersen added another individual win to Virginia's tally after her top-finish in the 400 individual medley with a time of 4:19.57.

Freshman Jane Munro and sophomore Meg Hutchinson tallied individual achievements in the 100 backstroke with times of 55.12 and 56.14, respectively.

The members of the women's squad who did not participate in the Terrapin Invitational will appear Wednesday in Atlanta at the women's ACC Conference Championship. The women's squad is seeking its fourth consecutive ACC title.