U.Va. cancels classes due to inclement weather

Services modified after announcement of snow day

<p>Classes were cancelled and University services were modified after a night of snowfall.&nbsp;</p>

Classes were cancelled and University services were modified after a night of snowfall. 

Executive Vice Presidents Jennifer Wagner Davis, Thomas C. Katsouleas and Richard P. Shannon, M.D. announced the cancellation of classes in a mass email to the University community early Wednesday morning, following a night of snow showers.

According to the National Weather Service, Charlottesville received up to three inches of snow fall, with freezing rain expected throughout the day.

The University’s Office of Safety and Emergency Preparedness updated its Operation Status Board with several modifications to University services. 

University Transit Service bus routes were suspended until Thursday morning, with the exception of the Northline — which will be running on a 20 minute service from 12 p.m. to 10 p.m.

All dining service locations are operating under normal hours. All recreation facilities are also open, with the exceptions of the Memorial Gymnasium. 

Aside from Clemons Library, all libraries were closed.

The last time the University cancelled classes was March 2018 due to four inches of snow fall.