University Police Department investigating sexual assault near University Hospital

The incident occured after a rider fell off a scooter at 10:36 p.m. Tuesday

The is the second timely warning of the semester and the first related to sexual assault.

The University Police Department is investigating a sexual assault that occurred at approximately 10:36 p.m. Tuesday evening near the University hospital, according to a timely warning alert from UPD Chief of Police Tim Longo.

According to the alert, the incident occurred after a rider fell off a scooter when riding by the University Hospital, at which point she was groped on the ground before the assailant fled. 

The suspect is described as a 5-foot-1-inch male wearing an orange shirt and blue pants. 

The is the second timely warning of the semester and the first related to sexual assault. One community alert relating to sexual assault was issued in April. 

“Timely warnings” are sent when crimes committed pose an “on-going threat” to the safety of the community while “community alerts” are shared when there is sufficient and timely information that can be released to the community without compromising any on-going investigations.

The University’s confidential resources include Counseling and Psychological Services, Student Health’s gynecology and general medicine departments, the Student Disability Access Center and the Women’s Center’s counseling staff.