Body found near Culbreth Parking Garage

Police block off area on Culbreth Road, details still unclear about incident

<p>Reporters from The Cavalier Daily observed police moving what appeared to be a body bag into a vehicle around 1:00 p.m.</p>

Reporters from The Cavalier Daily observed police moving what appeared to be a body bag into a vehicle around 1:00 p.m.

The University Police Department is reported to have found a dead body near the Culbreth Road Parking Garage Tuesday.

Police blocked off an area adjacent to the Culbreth Road Parking Garage and officials at the scene declined to comment.

Ben Rexrode, the UPD’s community service and crime prevention coordinator, did not respond to a voicemail and email seeking comment by time of publication. 

According to the local fire incident display system, emergency crews were dispatched to the Culbreth Road area around 7:30 a.m. Tuesday.  

It is unclear if this incident is related to the death of first-year College student Nicholas Marshall, which the University community was notified about in an email from Dean of Students Allen Groves Tuesday afternoon. 

This is a developing story.