The Pulse

Washington, D.C. awaits epic inauguration
With pundits speculating that President-elect Barack Obama’s inauguration will have the largest attendance in U.S. history, America’s capital will be bouncing for days. A total of 10 official inaugural balls will be held Tuesday, alongside 10 unofficial balls. Saturday through Monday will see several other balls — the Huffington Post ball and the Green Inaugural Ball hosted by Al Gore — as well as concerts involving Will.i.am, Common and Miley Cyrus. Celebrities such as Oprah, Kanye West and Jay-Z are rumored to be in attendance throughout the weekend.
—by stephanie garcia

Radiohead’s first three albums re-issued
EMI has announced plans to reissue Radiohead’s first three albums. The re-releases each comprise three discs — one CD containing the original album, another filled with B-sides and rarities, and a DVD containing music videos and live performances. The label has also announced plans to reissue all of Radiohead’s first singles on vinyl. Radiohead, who split with EMI for the release of In Rainbows, has not sanctioned these releases.
  —by ethan hamlin

Slumdog wins Golden Globe for Drama
For the 66th annual Golden Globe awards, Slumdog Millionaire took home a Golden Globe for Best Motion Picture in Drama (along with Best Director and Best Screenplay accolades), while Vicky Cristina Barcelona won for best musical/comedy. In television, Mad Men won the drama category and 30 Rock took home the prize for musical/comedy. 30 Rock swept the best actor/actress category for television, with Alec Baldwin and Tina Fey both winning awards.
—by ethan hamlin