Letter from the editor

Welcome back from Spring Break, faithful tableau readers! Despite the less than Spring-like weather around these parts, I’m sure you all enjoyed your well-deserved break from the rigors of university life, much like we did. However, not all our time was spent dilly-dallying and shooting the breeze. In the time that we would have spent putting together a tableau page, we decided to (finally) finish the next step in Cavalier Daily Arts & Entertainment coverage: the tableau blog.

More than a year in the making, from concept to design to production, our new blog, Mise-en-Scène, will now be able to tickle your pop culture fancy any day of the week. Whether you decide to follow the site diligently using your RSS reader of choice, or just occasionally glance at it when you want to find your new favorite band you haven’t heard of yet, our dedicated blog staff will be more than able to give you the skinny. Before you know it, you may become the coolest person you know — that is, if you aren’t that way already because you read tableau.

If you are worried about how this will impact the weekly section, rest assured knowing that the section and the blog will largely remain separate entities, each maintaining the level of quality that you are accustomed to. However, this isn’t to say that the blog will have to be completely divergent from the tableau form. Articles like album reviews and our recently introduced “Under the Radar” section likely will make appearances, but the blog allows for more creative license via hyperlinks and audio/visual capabilities, allowing us to close the distance between our writers and their subject material.

The site should be live as of today, so be sure to check it out at:

http://cd-tableau.blogspot.com/

But, don’t forget about our little ol’ section here either. This week we’ve got plenty of exciting things including reviews of both U2 latest album and Zack Snyder’s reproduction of the most critically acclaimed graphic novel of all time, Watchmen. Do they live up to the hype? Open up and find out.

— Campbell Bird