Taste of Summer

Summer is around the corner, and now is the time to get nostalgic about all things summer before we remember we're actually sick of them. An a nostalgic person, I have many fond memories of this time of year, but none are fonder than those involving this season's foods.

Rocket Pops\nEveryone remembers those red, white and blue Popsicles we always begged our parents to buy. Looking back, I don't know why I ever asked for those things. They were sticky, melty and oddly shaped, and they didn't even taste good. But I was a return customer summer after summer, and I have no regrets. After all, what would summer be without the disappointment which comes from eating a Rocket Pop?

Funnel cake\nSummer means fairs, and fairs mean funnel cakes. Who can resist a twisted mess of doughy, powdery goodness served on a flimsy paper plate which soaks through with grease after about two minutes? Summer wouldn't be summer without eating at least one of these delightfully disgusting treats.

Barbecue\nThe second your last exam ends, it's time to break out the grill and bro-becue every night. There's nothing more relaxing than grilling out, drinking a beer if you're of legal age, and having a grand old time with your friends and family. That is, until you get too much smoke in your face and end up crying out of one eye for the rest of the night.

Snow cones\nSnow cones are an especially summery treat, rarely offered in any other season. The best thing about these icy treats is you can choose from what seems like a thousand flavors, all equally obscure. Tiger's blood (I see you, Charlie Sheen) was always my flavor of choice.

Lemonade\nAlthough this is a beverage, not a food, lemonade is a universal summer treat. I never had a lemonade stand