Men's basketball releases 2016-17 schedule

<p>Senior point guard London Perrantes has big shoes to fill, and this weekend's game against UNC Greensboro is the start of his final season in Charlottesville.&nbsp;</p>

Senior point guard London Perrantes has big shoes to fill, and this weekend's game against UNC Greensboro is the start of his final season in Charlottesville. 

With basketball season just under two months away, the Atlantic Coast Conference released Virginia’s 2016-17 schedule. The Cavaliers, who went 29-8 last season, are scheduled to play 30 games in the regular season. Virginia will play 16 of those games at John Paul Jones Arena, where the Cavaliers went undefeated last year.

However, Virginia will kick off its season on the road at UNC Greensboro Friday, Nov. 11 at 7 p.m. The Cavaliers have another notable game on the road this season against non-conference opponent Villanova, the reigning NCAA champion. Virginia took on the Wildcats last season in December, and beat the national champions 86-75 at JPJ.

The Cavaliers have agreed to participate in the Emerald Coast Classic in Niceville, Fla., where they will face non-conference opponents Iowa and Memphis or Providence Nov. 25-26. Virginia will also face Ohio State at home in the ACC/Big Ten challenge just days later on Nov. 30. The Cavaliers are set to travel to California Wednesday, Dec. 21, before beginning their conference schedule.

Virginia takes on all 14 ACC teams in its 18-game conference schedule. The Cavaliers face conference foes Duke, Louisville and North Carolina at home in February. Last season, Virginia fell to the Blue Devils in their lone match up. The Cavaliers lost to the Tar Heels in the ACC Tournament after defeating them in the regular season, but defeated the Cardinals twice.

Virginia will travel to North Carolina and Louisville in addition to their home match ups. The only other schools the Cavaliers will play home and away are Virginia Tech and Pittsburgh. Virginia finishes the regular season against the Panthers at home Saturday, March 4.

The full schedule can be viewed here.