Reported robbery near Nau Hall

A third party alerted UPD Saturday afternoon

<p>A male student said he was followed by an unknown male on his way home from the Corner at 3 a.m., and was assaulted at the area of Jefferson Park Avenue and Brandon Ave.&nbsp;</p>

A male student said he was followed by an unknown male on his way home from the Corner at 3 a.m., and was assaulted at the area of Jefferson Park Avenue and Brandon Ave. 

The University Police were alerted Saturday afternoon of a robbery reported at 1 p.m. near Nau Hall, an academic building just behind the South Lawn.

A male student said he was followed by an unknown male on his way home from the Corner at 3 a.m., and was assaulted at the area of Jefferson Park Avenue and Brandon Ave. The student reported that he ran toward Nau Hall away from the suspect, but the suspect followed him — physically assaulting him and stealing his wallet before fleeing the scene. 

According to the victim, the suspect is estimated to be in his 20s and approximately 5’10”, though his race is unknown. 

Gloria Graham, associate vice president for safety and security, sent an email to the University community with a description of the incident and resources to contact UPD.

"University Police are actively investigating the incident and urging any witnesses to come forward with information," University spokesperson Wes Hester told The Cavalier Daily.

Graham sent a follow-up email to the University community Wednesday afternoon, reporting that UPD served two felony arrest warrants to the suspect, who is not affiliated with the University. According to Graham, the suspect is currently being held at the Albemarle-Charlottesville Regional Jail without bond.

This story has been updated.