Suspicious individual with a weapon arrested near Tuttle-Dunnington dorm

Police located a BB gun, drugs and drug paraphernalia on the subject’s person

The subject, who was identified as D’Jonti Becks-Cabell, is not affiliated with the University.

University Police responded Tuesday night to a report of a suspicious person with a weapon near the Tuttle-Dunnington dormitory on Alderman Road. Police located a BB gun, drugs and drug paraphernalia on the subject’s person.

A community-wide email alert was issued by the University at 9:37 p.m. The subject, who was identified as D’Jonti Becks-Cabell, is not affiliated with the University. 

According to an email from Benjamin Rexrode, UPD’s crime prevention sergeant, preliminary investigation found that Becks-Cabell was in a University dormitory to meet with a student. During the interaction between the student and Becks-Cabell, an assault occurred and a weapon was observed prior to Becks-Cabell’s departure from the dorm room. 

UPD detained Becks-Cabell in Tuttle-Dunnington and brought him into custody. He is being charged with sexual battery, possession of marijuana with intent to distribute, brandishing a firearm, possession of a firearm while committing a felony and possession of a schedule IV narcotic.

Currently, he is being held without bond at Albemarle-Charlottesville Regional Jail. 

This investigation is on-going.