What

The former Mrs. Tiger Woods leaves her public life behind in 21st-century fashion

When Tiger Woods, America's most famous and beloved athlete, crashed his car in his driveway last November and subsequently set off a firestorm of tabloid hysteria, his wife all but vanished from the public eye. That's no easy task in today's world of TMZ and the 24-hour news cycle, but Elin Nordegren pulled it off. Unlike Lindsay Lohan or LeBron James, who seem to feed off of media attention, Nordegren almost acted as if the spotlight were nonexistent. That is, until Aug. 25, when People magazine unveiled its first September issue, with Nordegren's model face quietly smiling on the cover with the headline, "My Own Story." One must ask: With the court of public opinion already on her side, what is the point?

While not a trick question, it's still difficult to answer. What is clear from the start of the interview is that Nordegren does not intend for this to be the beginning of a media campaign to establish her as America's favorite new divorc