​By the numbers

As the semester comes to a close, the Managing Board recounts some notable numbers

2.7 million: The number of dollars the University is paying Mike London to leave.

15: The number of times London’s team has won over the past four seasons.

33: The number of times London’s team has lost over the past four seasons.

16.25 million: The number of dollars the University will pay BYU Coach Bronco Mendenhall, the incoming Virginia football coach, over the next five years.

657: The number of dollars students pay in student fees per year to fund the athletics department.

17 million: The number of dollars comprising the athletic department’s 2014 deficit, according to The Washington Post.

16,778: The number of early action applications the University received this year.

16,081: The number of early action applications the University received in 2014.

20: The percentage of the academic budget currently financed by private donations.

13: The percentage of the academic budget financed by private donations in 2005.

34: The number of passengers who were injured when a Home Ride bus overturned outside of Richmond.

1,230: The number of individuals who signed a change.org petition titled “Save Clem 2” as of press time.

33: The number of days in this year’s winter break.